Friday 21 March 2014

Quirky sights





The purpose of my visit to Nice was to attend a 2 week intensive language course.
The name of the language school is Alpha.b.
It was centrally located, in an old building that resembled a parisian apartment block.
How ironic that the name of the street where it is situated is: "Rue d'Angleterre," England Road.



I took a photo of its location, in order to help me find it on my first day at school. The walk around the waterfront was magnificent, as Nice boasts sunshine and warmth. The beautiful sights on the way made my pulse race.


As you can see, the colour of the sea is divine.



And, the iconic image of the waterfront is something that I NEVER EVER want to forget. Please note the distant snow-capped mountains, the post-card-perfect colour of the sky and the distinctive architecture.




I managed to arrive in time for the beginning of class. I subsequently found out how to follow a shortcut. It was ALWAYS a pleasure to discover new roads, shops and quirky sights.


This was the first time that I had ever seen these little adorable cars hooked up with its feeding tube.

I wonder if this is already happening in Auckland city?
Oh yeah. In the background is my dream car; the Chrysler Dodge. I LOVE the colour!


This could be a new interpretation of the term, "French Kiss."



This is a fair dinkum "office block." The little squares are tinted window panels. The little specks of light are people who have already arrived to work in their unusual workplace. It is in opposition to the antique and ornate surrounding buildings.


This building has absolutely no resemblance to the iconic greek counterpart. But it was a visual delight to walk past every morning on the way to school.

The beautiful buildings looked like the set for a fantasy movie.

Adding to the fantasy theme; one morning the men were cleaning the area where the water fountains ejaculated with artistic splendour. It involved purging the underground pipes with steam. (Looked magical to my starry eyes.)

Check out the awesome reflection of the phoenix palms and the roof line on the glassy pavement.











No comments:

Post a Comment