Saturday 5 April 2014

Sanglier pigs


Sunday. A great day for a ride in a convertible, n'est-ce pas?
P's friends turned up, rearing to go for a great day together in the mountains.

We had a quick discussion as to whom was going in whose car.

Yipee! I struck the jackpot. A convertible. The top was turned down. 




The thrill of the joy ride far exceeded any adventure park ride.




Cruisey jazz music played in the background, as the wind created a whirlpool of euphoria around my head.


The landscape reads like a fantasy dream: sharp, steep, rocky cliffs; deep, plunging gorges; fast-running river; waterfall with a rainbow dancing around it; a dark tunnel; and a narrow windy road!


Woohoo!!!





There were about 9 of us ladies. it was an eclectic mix of professions, body types and personalities. We were all ...... kinda ...... about the same age. We all shared the same love of nature, and we all loved to talk.

The scene was set as introductions and preparations were made for the wonderful walk ahead of us.



Dotted in the distant heights were paragliders riding the thermal currents.



I had many layers of clothing on. By the end of the 5 hour walk, most of my layers were tied around my waist.




 
The picnic lunch was brilliant. It became a little bit cool after half an hour of staying still.




The wild pigs, sanglier, eat the roots of plants. I'm glad we didn't come across one on our walk.



An expansive horizon soothes the soul.



The view to the ocean was stunning!




We came across this ancient shepherd's hut.




Virgule, the trusty lab, posed beautifully for me. Virgule is French for comma.





I made sure my balance was secure as I perched my butt on the rock. Whoah! It was a massive drop!



Ah! That's the name of where we were!




Alas, the soft top was utilised for the trip home. Although I was disappointed; it made good sense. 
It was freezing.


on arriving back at P's place all the ladies came inside for late afternoon drinks and still more chatting. 

After an hour, I found it difficult to keep my eyes open. I snuck off and had a power nap. Man, I was shattered! I arrived back in Nice at about 8:00 p.m. Wild raging sanglier pigs wouldn't have woken me from my sleep that night!







No comments:

Post a Comment