Friday 23 August 2013

Café Culture

Add caption
Titirangi Village popular rendez- vous.

I do enjoy a good cappuccino. Sometimes it gets served up as a work of art: fern design, interconnecting hearts, triangular architectural design, musical notes, semi circle, wiggles or sometimes a basic sprinkle as shown in this picture. 

Today was pretty cool. I ordered a coffee, sharing a convivial moment with a good friend, and the cappuccino arrived with two interconnecting hearts. WAY COOL! Aw! 

Nothing like finding a spot of sun, a hit of caffeine and let the good times roll.

At first I deliberated whether to break the regularity and consistency of ordering the same thing. A latté seemed like an interesting choice, especially as it promised a double shot. But the cappuccino won. I'm so glad.

I have a delightful habit of frequenting the Hardware café most Friday mornings. It is a cool little end-of-week treat. The ambience is usually uplifting, the regulars always cracking jokes and smiles all round. 

I hope to perpetuate this social habit of frequenting cafés whilst in France. However, I'm told that cappuccinos are NOT the order of the day. I hope I can adjust with minimum disruption to my taste buds. I hope to be able to pass the time, observing social interactions, la mode, comings and goings, making notes in my journal, drawing artistic creations on my i pad and making new, interesting friends. 

I wonder if they serve their café with an artistic flair in France. Two and a bit weeks to go. All will be revealed in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment