Sunday 1 September 2013

Metaphorically speaking

The subject of this still life masterpiece is the gorgeous cappuccino in the foreground. A most charming young man in my class produced a cappucino and a beautiful card as a farewell gift. Although I have another week before I depart, this boy was going to be in Sports Camp for the duration of my final week at school. My heartstrings were tugged as I read the lovely message that he had written about realising his learning potential. I was also deeply touched, as the cappuccino is a "hit". The mother must have read my blog! YAY! Thank YOU!!!! The daffs are a self indulgence. Yellow. Spring. YAY!!!

AW!!!! My beautiful husband came home from work on Friday with a beautiful bunch of the most vibrant, audacious flowers.Aren't they gorgeous? They are set off by the beautiful green walls in our kitchen. I love the arty ceramic heart that my son gave me for a recent Christmas gift. Flowers!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

This picture has been included in today's post to serve as a metaphor as I embark on the great adventure in front of me. Please note the rustic, french alluring charm of all the details.

The beautiful lavender fields are a direct reference to Provence.... my destination... only less than a week away.

This beautiful sunset was captured the other evening as I completed the obligatory dog walk. Each time I walk through the cemetery I always am charmed and delighted at the spectacles that Mother Nature conjures for me. The setting golden rays were beyond majestically magnificent. If you wanted to, you could read this image as a metaphor for the closing part of my busy life in En Zed. Hmmmm.


Here's a little quirky piece of useless information. When the french say, "I am missing you", they say, "Tu me manqué". This directly translates as, "You are missing me." Weird, eh? Language is like that; full of irregularities and inconsistencies. How on earth am I going to cope with my VERY BASIC and literal french. Oh boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment