Monday 30 September 2013

Hear ye, hear ye, New Zealand teacher is in town.



My arrival at the school is now official. The principal requested that all the teachers meet at the office for an official photo to be taken. The photo is to be posted on the school website. The school is called Collège de Fontreyne if you want to look it up.

There was joviality as we went through the school gate and stood in front of the school. 

I was blown away as one of the teachers produced 3 bright canary yellow, A3 sized pages. Each page had a separate word on it. WELCOME. TO. GAP. The students had written and decorated the words with coloured pencils. What a wonderful, unexpected surprise. 

Standing in line like birds on a telegraph line, we held up the papers for the photo. We also clutched a tea towel of a map of New Zealand, a Marmite jar, 3 impossibly rock-hard kiwifruit and a baguette. I was tickled pink with the goodwill and desire to connect our cultures. Anyway, numerous photos were taken. I think at one stage I was holding the map of New Zealand upside down.

To conclude, I asked one of the other teachers to use my i phone to take a photo of myself and the Principal.





Gap is a beautiful town, where there is very little crime. The newspaper is full of various positive news items. Hervé joked that he was going to call the newspaper, because there is a New Zealand teacher in town. he he he.

No comments:

Post a Comment