Wednesday 25 September 2013

A Moment in Time


Last Thursday, I embarked on an excursion into town under the premise of exercise. In reality, it was to investigate a 2nd hand clothing shop that Marthe had recommended to me. I was quite flummoxed to find virtually not one garment that was brightly coloured. Quelle horreur! 

So, I ventured a little further and sat next to a sweet little fountain that provided a watery musical backdrop to my "reverie," (dream-state) This quaint little shop, pictured below, was right in front of me. Au chat qui fume, the name of this shopcould be directly translated as "At the Cat's Place, Who Smokes." Hmmmm. A cat that smokes. He must be a very cool, chic cat. Anyway, it's a far better name than simply, Tabac, nest-ce pas?

I paused for about 15 minutes, absorbing the ambience as the tourists drifted by; the elegantly dressed madame on a pressing errand; the attractive young couple with a misbehaved dog; young adolescent boys on motorised foot scooters zooming through  pedestrians, momentarily disturbing the peace; two fifty-ish women on a brisk walk whilst engaging in animated discussions; an old gentleman giving his aging dog a gentle "pee" walk; and a fifty-ish blonde women perched on a water fountain wall quizzically gazing at the passers-by.



The colours of this shop front had me captivated, "I wonder what the neighbours would say if Kev and I painted our mediterranean mansion this colour palette?"
More importantly, "I wonder what Kev would say if I suggested this colour palette!"



No comments:

Post a Comment