Friday 13 September 2013

Sitting at the airport I was excited and nervous to the max. My heart was pounding and I was sweating with anxiety. The fear of the unknown. The journey began as a 3 hour flight to Melbourne.

Traveller extraordinaire.

Taking care of business at a Dubai stopover. The airport was straight out of a science fiction movie. Glass, elevators, electric train and multitudes of people.

Can you read excitement in our eyes as we landed at Charles de Gaulle airport. We caught a glimpse of the Eiffel Tower in the distant haze.

We had wonderful facilities on board the plane. I watched about 4 movies. The screen in front of me kept me well informed about our flight.

The youth hostel that we stayed for the first night was extraordinary. Check out the ornate detail.

Do you feel the ambience?


We slept well that night. We were in the middle of Paris and there was not a sound to be heard. No sirens. No cars. No drunken yahoos. Incredible.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your trip went photos look great, looking forward to following your journey of the coming year :)

    ReplyDelete