Wednesday 25 September 2013

Observations



Another promenade the next day, Friday, vendredi. My feet led me straight back to the very cheap twin to the Salvation Army shop. It's called, "Main de Partage". I think directly translates as something like, "sharing hands". I couldn't help but be delighted with such a lovely way to express the name for an association of people who help others, through the goodness of their hearts (on a voluntary basis), through collecting, collating, sorting and putting on offer, goods for the needy ........ like me. As I browsed the dust-coated, assortment of bric-a-brac and clothing, I smiled to myself with the understanding that I was part of the circle of recycling. I have contributed countless objets d'arts and used,( but in good condition clothing), to the Margen Ave Salvation Army shop. What goes around, comes around. Part of my smile was also the feeling of being in need of basic items, but not wanting to spend lots of Euros. The words "pauvre" and "misérable" came to mind.


I took a photo of this sign, with the lovely backdrop of the attractively presented building. 

Firstly, I liked the purple colour accents. He he he.

Secondly, the sign illustrates the need for an emergency service to attend to needy mountain climbers, skiiers that have strayed from the route, avalanche victims etc. The mountains have their own unique perils, just as the sea and beach in New Zealand.

Thirdly, the cute picture of the little marmot is a creature that is common in the mountains. a creature that is a curiosity to some New Zealanders.

And last of all, please note the way the french write their telephone numbers. I must say, it makes it easy to remember. For example, in french, one would say, zero four, ninety-two, fifty-three, ninety one. Although this makes it easy to remember and dictate phone numbers, i still have difficulty with the numbers larger than seventy. Their counting system requires a lot of intelligence. Something that I am currently working on. He he he.







I took a photo of this sign on the side wall of a building. I think it is a primary school. I think it translates as "School of Tryers".  Does that mean that they will always "trying" and never being able to achieve?  ????  He he he.



The grandeur and majesty of the mountains are ever present from every viewpoint. They never fail to fill me with awe. 

 Lots and lots of cyclists, either cycling as a sporting activity, or summertime commuting. The law requires one to wear a helmet, however, most of the commuters ignore the requirement. Very pleasant scenery for leisure time cycling, nest-ce pas?




The mountain in the picture above is called, Charance. I look forward to witness it's  change of seasons's outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment