Monday 30 September 2013

Winter lurks around the corner





Autumn is here. The mornings are fresh. Between 2 and 3 o'clock it is very hot. When the sun casts a sharp shadow as it traverses the sky, it is decidedly chilly in the shade. One needs a jacket in the morning and in the evenings.

Here is nature's autumn colours. 




The cyclic rhythm of seasons encompasses its own beauty. Gap is beautiful. It has a rustic, wild feel to the vegetation. Flowers are bountiful at the moment, as they exhibit their final glory. However, I am warned not to expect any flowers in the harsh winter season. 




I am so lucky not to have any classes on Wednesdays. Last Wednesday, I spent most of the day writing on my blog. It's kinda cool sitting outside in the little backyard, armed with my trusty Apple devices.  My creative juices oozing out of my pores. Here I am, with a very straight back!!!!! It's midday and the sun umbrella is necessary to prevent me and my devices from melting.




Ooooh. Winter, EEEk!
It is very dry here. The washing always dries the laundry to a clean, crisp finish. MMMMMMMMmmmmmm the freshly washed sheets are wonderful to slide into. I am told that it is so dry here, that it is possible to put the washing out and it will dry, despite the fact that there is snow on the ground. On verra! We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment