Thursday 17 October 2013

Chez moi


At one stage, on NZ TV there was a flurry of intriguing reality programmes. It was all about decorating and renovating using recycled goods from garage sales and cheap outlets. 

These programmes inspired and motivated me to be creative when decorating on the cheap.

The weekend was pure luxury of decadent use of time. Two whole days of no commitments. I used the time to talk on Skype and decorating my new little abode. The weather was perfect. The sun moves around the rooms of the apartment in patches of inviting radiance. It even beamed an invitation to sit on the garden seat in front of the shrine.



The rooms are spacious and filled with light. Heating is controlled with radiators on timers.

The fuschia-painted walls are right up my alley. The purple-polka dotted table cloth is made of paper. It has been designed for a one-off party, I suggest. Microwave, oven, fridge .... all brand new. 



Vase: second hand shop.
 Peace signs: paper napkins.


Picture frames: second hand shop and garage sales. 
Peace sign: paper napkin. 
Pictures are postcards of my exotic travels. he he he.




Bathroom: spacious, warm, colourful ....  all brand new.



I brought a summer dress from New Zealand. Bad idea!

Use it to cover a small chair. Good idea!



I love my two large Charlie Chaplin posters that I purchased from the second hand shop. They are brimming with character and remind me not to take myself so seriously. 


My bedroom is painted a soft adorable pink. Ah, ma vie en rose.



I loved giving this cushion a creative twist with a cute little cardi I picked up from the second hand shop. I knitted the bow tie myself. The picture on the wall is a cool calendar that I purchased.

 The single bed is rock- hard. Lying on my back to fall asleep is not comfortable at all. Sleeping on a single bed is quite bizarre. Feels like being a kid again.



Buckets of wardrobe space.




 A view from the hallway back out to the entrance; a sweeping driveway and a flat grassed area.


This is the view from my front door. I wonder what it will look like soon when the snow begins to fall.




Oh, the heavenly vista of the nearby mountains.



Garden and neighbouring house.




 One of my neighbours.




These two beauties are called, Cybéle and Roxanne.





If you peer closely at the rip in the fence, there's a dog peering out. It is frustratingly noisy as it expresses itself with consistent yelping.






Grand entrance gates.


My floor-level apartment is called rez de chaussée.

Thanks for joining me on a tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment