Sunday 13 October 2013

Cultural difference between eating regimes


Saturday lunch: 
Indian deep fried vegetables
Tomato salad
Rotisserie chicken
Bread 
Wine





It was today that I was taught with a gentle and kind explanation, that the french eat their main meal at midday. I kinda knew this all along, but old habits die hard. My tummy was saying that it needed its main meal at night time. It was about now that the realisation that the very light, late evening meal was just something very, very light. Oh. Ok. So whenever I have been making evening meals with meat; shepherd's pie and boeuf bourgignon, they find it hard to digest. Myself, personally, I find it hard to digest meat at midday.

From then on, I stopped trying to help in the kitchen for the evening meals.


H had harvested some pretty autumnal leaves for a very attractive table display.


No comments:

Post a Comment