Monday 14 October 2013

Cloud-song



I've turned into a bit of a cloud connoissseur. Late one evening recently, on one of my walks, I was overwhelmed with the sky putting on a magnificent display.

All these photos were taken within an hour, as I walked around the neighbourhood.




Call me a little light-headed at times if you will .... but I'm sure you agree, they are pretty dramatic.





I haven't touched it up at all.




I guess, when I'm back home, we have the same magnificent displays in the sky at dusk. It's just that I have my head looking down, wrapped up with earthly matters.

Note to self: look up more often.


This last picture was an explosion of light, moments before the sun went to sleep behind the distant mountain.

It reminds me of a cool song by Judy Collins. Very poetic:

Bows and flows of angel hair
And ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun
They rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now,From up and down and still somehow
It's clouds illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment