Tuesday 21 January 2014

Weather Watch



The last few posts have been quite negative about the weather.
Welllllllll ……….



"Cold" is a matter of opinion.

I feel the cold in winter in Auckland. Anyone who knows me, can attest to my gloves and scarves "style". So when the temperature hits 1 degree, I call it cold

Today I have been told that January has been unusually "hot". I shuddered to my core, when the same charming person told me that February will be REALLY cold!

Last week, I purchased some bright red ski pants; a bright pink ski jacket; a matching purple hat and scarf; and black cosy ski mittens. I was rather p[leased with my "opportunity shop" purchases that totalled the fine sum of 82 dollars. I am now ready for the ski pistes.

I took the opportunity to take my clothes out for a walk on Sunday. It is a day for relaxing as there is very little "action" in Gap on this day of rest. The bleak, grey, drizzly weather didn't dampen my spirit as I strutted the streets in my clashing red and pink attire. There was not a soul to be seen as I enjoyed the fresh air.

As you can see, in this photo, the sombre light cast a soft haze over the nearby hillside.


The days are somewhat short. So when I rise to commence school at 8:00 a.m., I am amazed that the sun hasn't fully risen yet when the students assemble in the schoolyard before beginning their lessons.





No comments:

Post a Comment