Friday 21 February 2014

Valentine's Day- à la français


February 14. Valentines Day.


The local shops were well stocked with sexy lingerie, night wear and saucy dress-up clothes. It was extremely difficult to stretch my imagination; the gorgeously rustic folk that live in the small mountain town of Gap seem to be the most unlikely of all people to wear lacy outfits. I suggest that comfort seems to be the order of the day. However, who am I to say otherwise?

Whilst in Lille, I took the opportunity to léche les vitrines, window shop. Pink, black and red were the colours of this gimmicky day. The french respect their saints. I suggest that where I come from, we seem to have omitted the "Saint" part.





There is a huge abundance of chocolate shops.  This is quite a good snap of the "scene" at the boulangerie. In actual fact, I was trying to get a snap of the cheeky little boy, eyeing up all the treats from inside the shop. He was desperately trying to get his mother's attention to buy him something. I dare say, these treats do come cheap.


I have started to become desensitised to these wondrous delights that are on display everywhere I turn. Seriously though, they are truly an art form. Just looking at them, makes my hips expand. (But they are rather gorgeous.)




I have stood in many a queue, watching people in front of me buy these gateaux. They are boxed and wrapped. It would be important to get it home without destruction en route. I once bought a custard and apricot tart. It smashed into my drink bottle in transit. It then spread itself throughout my entire bag. Extremely awkward trying to sort it out on the train. Sticky fingers and mess galore!!!





I rather like this photo as it includes the beautiful street; brick paving in the background.




Very classy.


It's all about the presentation, n'est-ce pas?




Happy Valentine's Day, Monsieur Rouge.







No comments:

Post a Comment