Friday 7 February 2014

Weather woes.



Thursday night it turned a tad cold.






The next day frost had played games with the pavement outside my apartment. 
It kinda resembles icing sugar, n'est-ce pas?



However, the frivolity of ice can be mortally serious. This truck driver had a lucky escape. The road to Tallard, a town not far from Gap, was treacherously slippery.





******************************************************************************************************
I was gutted the other day when my pretty, twice-used, purple, striped umbrella snapped. It had cost a pretty penny and it was a sturdy as a wooden walking cane. Unfortunately, the wood had become brittle because of the cold. I was not a happy camper when the cleanly snapped handle broke, rendered it useless.



********************************************************************************************************


And so after the snow and ice, the rain has come. It rains big, wet, enormous drops. I needed to make an urgent trip to the bank to get some money out to pay the rent. 

I braved the soppy raindrops to experience a mushy scene of melting snow, mud and cars sloshing a spray of water onto me as they whizzed past.






Mud puddles have the same charm and allure as they do in New Zealand. ( Zero!)





Wooosshhhhh!






Eeeeooooowwwww!





The local stream gurgled and gushed with muddy mischief.




I retreated back to my apartment and took a snap of my quick diversion to the patisserie.



On the left is the world's most delicious caramel muffin, with gooey caramel as a treat in the middle. On the right is a fresh, sugar coated brioche. It is simply delish in the morning with a cuppa English Breakfast tea, a smattering of real butter and a light slather of home made raspberry and blackberry jam.




No comments:

Post a Comment