Sunday 15 December 2013

C-C-C-C-C-COLD!


10:00 a.m.  2 degrees!




I bought a cute little yellow pom pom hat today! When I nod affirmative the pom pom bobs jauntily on my crown. When I shake my head in a negative sentiment, the pom pom swings from side to side. It feels like I'm a kid again!
I also bought some huge sunnies that sit over the top of my spectacles. Ah! At last I am prepared for the ski pistes!




Today I visited the Saturday morning market. The chocolate stall was magnificent. The large plaques standing on their sides are massive slabs of chocolate. The beautiful home made chocolate was very tempting.




The next market stall was beautiful home made jars of relishes. The lumps of brownish grey things are extremely expensive real truffles. I had only read and heard about them up until now.



The little Christmas chalets in the town centre are filled with character.





I had time to kill before the bus arrived, so I ducked in to the public library. It costs 90 euros for a year's membership. I don't think I'll join. To read a whole book in french would take me a whole year.




Whilst waiting for the bus, I was struck with the beauty of this glorious naked tree.




Before the bus arrived, a small group of friends walked past and asked me to dine with them for lunch.

In D's house, she had cool little mandarin candle holders that on of the boys had made.


D. was making homemade frommage blanc. Very domestic! It needs to be left to set after adding bacteria.




I loved the way D had added white roses to the tree decorations.



We then had a delicious lunch of salad fresh ( melt in the mouth) fish with potatoes. The lunch was finished off with fresh fruit salad and a tisane.







No comments:

Post a Comment