Saturday 21 December 2013

School canteen Christmas lunch




The staff Christmas lunch was pretty full on. There was a HUGE amount of food. It was all delicious. I talked far too much and everyone had finished eating and my tray was still full of food.

The red wine was flowing.







Lucky me that I didn't have to teach afterwards. But drinking alcohol at lunchtime is definitely not frowned upon in the workplace.

The students at the school continue to be friendly, kind and generous. I have 3 one hour long conversation classes a week. I have bonded with the students. A few have dropped out. That is a good thing because there were too many anyway. It was supposed to be 12 in the group. But two of the groups reached 16. Anyway, we have lots of fun playing games that encourages them to speak english in a very informal setting. It has taken quite a while, but they are very slowly gaining confidence and coming out of their shells. I genuinely LOVE the 3 conversation classes each week. It even teaches me a lot of french. Way cool!

I have had a sneak preview of what is on the menu for Christmas lunch with D. and G. Foie Gras, oysters, milk-fed chicken, snails (escargots), etc. I need to learn how to be polite, pace myself and it sounds like a most INCREDIBLE feast. I have been asked to bring a dish that is typical of New Zealand fare. Pavlova is the obvious choice. I'm not so sure that it will get eaten, as there seems to be enough food already on the menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment