Tuesday 10 December 2013

Silly Sunday

 L. was late picking me up to go to B. and J's place for Sunday lunch. L. had been to Mass and then she wasn't sure of my address …… consequently we were half an hour late.

We arrived to find a note on the door of our hosts:

" You've kept us waiting for too long. Meal burnt out. Only charcoal left. Come back another day. See you later."

L. and I hooted with laughter. We turned the "bienvenue" sign upside down, and took a photo.

B. opened the door a crack and we all had a good giggle at the audacity of the note taped to the door.




The entrance of B's house had a fantastic Christmas display!





B had texted me a few days earlier. She had advised me to cut an onion in half and leave it overnight on my bedside table. She assured me that the next morning I would wake up with a clear nose despite my cold symptoms. There was much to and fro regarding funny comments about sleeping with an onion. However, I decided against it, as the owners of the house were due to return the next day, and I'm sure they wouldn't have been happy to open the doors to a house stinking of onion!!!!!

Anyway, the table was set. Each plate had a serviette and a walnut on top. My setting had an onion on top. OOOOOhhhhhhh B. is wicked.


I took a photo of the article. B. was not impressed that I had not heeded her advice!






There was much hilarity as a poster that had fallen down, was reattached to the wall.



Both these gorgeous ladies are very clever artists.


After a delicious lunch, we went for a long walk up the mountain, Charance.


On the way, we met an adorable Labrador performing a guard dog duty.    

"Yeah right!"







We frolicked in the fields, high on the fresh mountain air.

When we returned home, I learnt how to play a cool card game called, "Mille Bournes." (I have subsequently bought a set as a classroom resource.) Tisane, chocolates and pleasant conversation bookended the day nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment