Friday 6 December 2013

l'alphabet en français



l'argent
money 

One, two and five centimes are still in usage.
I tend to over simplify when I go shopping. I just double the Euro to come up with an equivalent NZ dollar price.




Brigitte Bardot

An icon of the french film industry.
She also represents sexy chic.




le chien
dog

Bandit ( My little boy) chez moi!






le drapeau
flag
The french flag is called Le Tricolore


energique
energetic
That's me!



un foulard
a lightweight scarf
Here I am modelling a lovely bright yellow foulard.
I have purchased many as they are so comfy. Someone please tell me to stop buying any more!




un gadget
gizmo
An invaluable gizmo that whips up my homemade cappuccino into a semi professional coffee.




l'hibou
owl
This is a bag on wheels that one takes to the market. It is very common to trundle this type of bag. Back in the day, it was reserved for little old ladies.





ici
here

I live here on the bottom floor. It is a converted garage. Its new and very comfy. I love the open sliding door that lets in heaps of light.




jaloux
jealous

Ah, the sweet life living in a quaint little french town. Jaloux????



kir
A mixture of white wine and cassis.
A drink that I have adopted as my "pub" drink.





lunettes
spectacles
My new spectacles that I purchased just before i departed for France caused me a great deal of discomfort for the first six weeks. I thought that I needed to get used to them, however, I never did. Finally, I had the good sense to get them adjusted at an optician in town. She was exceptionally kind and very smiley.





la mode
fashion
France is very style conscious. I LOVE IT!!!



le nounours
teddybear





l'obit
memorial service
Armistice day in Gap, 11 November, 2013





Paris
Paris is always a good idea.




quelle
which
"Which one will I buy?"




rose
pink
Ma vie en rose!
My life in pink!








les stylos
pens

I LOVE the beautiful stationery here!!!



tricot
knitting
I have resurfaced my ancient skill of knitting





l'uniforme
uniform
Jeans, t shirt, jacket, scarf and shoulder bag. My tourist uniform.





la voiture
car
This little baby is a daily delight as I walk to school.






Wiki

Cheap kiwi soft toy that I brought with me. The kiwi has been named, "Wiki" as a play on my name and the name of the Kiwi. 
Interestingly, in Italy, everyone called me, "Wiki." Goodness only knows why they couldn't get their head around, Viki.




excité
excited
Very excited to land in France with my gorgeous study buddy, Jess.



le yacht
yacht
Was really excited about visiting the yachts in Nice. Good to get a feel of where my sons hung out for a while.




zut!
Drat!


I hope you enjoyed my little french lesson.











No comments:

Post a Comment