Sunday 29 December 2013

Inner city apartment experience


A friend had given me the keys to his family's apartment located in the middle of the town. The idea quite appealed to experience town from the perspective of the apartment. So I seized the opportunity.

I walked into town with my backpack. The small  3rd storey apartment was laden with family paraphernalia. Three small kids showed ingenious use of space. 

I was delighted to be greeted with a handmade card from the kids, all youngsters.






Sorry. The card is upside down. My technical know-how is not yet perfected. There's nothing that can beat raw innocent messages of kindness. 


I love the Christmas tree groaning with handmade decorations. The kids have fantastic creativity. They have been brought up with minimal technology.


It was cool discover my handmade Christmas cards had been put on display.


They had a relief map of Gap on display. I took a snap shot to show you how Gap is surrounded in mountains. There is a beautiful man made lake nearby.

I then turned my attention to a microwave dinner, that was quite uninteresting.

I then bundled up and scurried across the road to watch a fabulous movie called, "Belle et Sebastion." A gorgeous tale of a cute young boy who befriended the world's most adorable St Bernard-like dog. The story was set in the French Alps, in the snow. I was enraptured with the scenery and I coped quite well with the french dialogue.

After the movies, I nipped across the road back to the apartment to stay the night. I made a camp bed on the couch and settled in to watch another movie on my computer. It was Harrison Ford, "The Fugitive". Its english dialogue enabled my brain to take a rest.

At midnight the towns bells tolled with enchanting olde worlde charm. I was sufficiently tired to nestle down. The town had grown quiet from the Christmas hustle and bustle. But every half hour I was stirred by the jingle bells of Clydesdale horses clip clopping on the street below. A very cool Christmas enterprise. By three a.m. I closed the curtains to drift into a deep sleep, dreaming in french, of course.



No comments:

Post a Comment