Sunday 3 November 2013

Calm before the storm




I like the new floral cardigan. It is an antique cream colour with a pretty old-fashioned red roses pattern. 
The duck hair clip was a purchase from an antique store in Putaruru, many moons ago. It reminded me of the pretty little hair clips of yester- year. The flying duck seems to be an icon of the sixties.

The chain around my neck has a little leather zip pouch attached to it. It tucks into my bra nicely. Any robber would have to be quite intimate to retrieve my millions of Euros in cash notes. I purchased this little leather zip pouch from the supermarket just before I departed for Paris.

You will see that later in the day, the pouch turned my life upside down.

The next morning, after such an intense day the day before, I took life at a much slower pace. I wandered the local streets of Montparnasse where I was staying. I enjoyed window shopping, walking at a more leisurely speed and browsing through affordable merchandise.

My first purchases were a miniature Eiffel Tower and a cute "Paris" mug. 

I bought a cheap 3 euro T shirt, as my supply of fresh, clean clothes was fast dwindling. Fear-induced perspiration and the inability to wash my smalls in the hotel sink made under garment purchasing necessary. (There were no plugs in the basin, bidet or shower.)

I loved the clever Halloween display at a local fruit shop.



This magnificent sculpture captured my attention. I felt as though Paris was the lion and I was the poor wretch under the rock.




I surreptitiously took a photo of this butcher selling horse meat.  Ew!!!



Ah. A nice relaxing morning.

 Lunch: beetroot salad, nuts and fruit. Yum! I munched happily in my closet-sized room. Little did I know that I needed my strength for the afternoon's events that were about to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment