Wednesday 6 November 2013

Le Tour Eiffel




On my last day in Paris, I decided to return to the Eiffel Tower. I have viewed so many beautiful artistic photos of the french icon, that I wanted to experience it again, hopefully with a more positive attitude.



 I tried to emulate an artistic viewpoint. I think that this shot might be OK.



This shot is from underneath the tower. It's more realistic. Possibly not your average shot of the Eiffel Tower with its feet firmly planted in the ground. The autumnal, grey weather did nothing to enhance the experience.




I took a shot of a poster on the fence of a construction site. They are building a new first floor to enhance the tourist experience.

The tower is swarming with bus loads of tourists from every corner of the world. While i waited in the queue (half an hour!) to go to the loo, I heard and saw every nationality in the world. What an experience!!!!
 I often wonder what the people who sit in a cabin in the foyer of the toilet building tell their friends what they do for their job.



The tower was swarming with huge crows. They are quite a magnificent and confident bird. The crows were very well fed. I tried to get a photo of one up close. We don't have these cheeky beasts in NZ. After snapping this reluctant model, I turned to see two 11 year old english boys, shaking their head in dismay. "Some people take photos of the most ridiculous things!"

No comments:

Post a Comment