Thursday 28 November 2013

Guitar magic


D, a petite, energetic , forty-something friend asked if I would like to attend a guitar concert. Her blue eyes sparkled with kindness and a genuine desire to connect with me. I jumped at the opportunity. I love guitar music and I have many CD's of pure guitar music to prove it. 


In particular, my middle son is an accomplished player. I frequently would ask him to play for me at family gatherings. It would always make me swell with pride at his prowess. The guitar is a beautiful instrument that is VERY EASY to listen to. I used to love attending the annual concert where the high school students would do a performance piece each in from of the parents. Nowadays, I am still able to enjoy concert performances by the talented students at the school where I work.

Anyway, I knew that I would be in for a treat. D, made a most delicious hot winter soup and french  for a wholesome family meal. Next was a crisp green salad with roasted, pickled capsicums. Then came a fresh chocolate cake served with vanilla custard. D was apologetic for the simple meal, but, I tried to make it clear that I thought it was delicious and very much appreciated. 

We donned warm items of clothes. I doubled up on everything except jeans.
gloves, scarves, jackets, socks. Each of these items I wore two of them! Ridiculous , I know. I must have looked like a walking wardrobe! 

The tiny little car, lurched and zoomed along the icy road into town with a gaiety in spite of the snow and ice that provided a wee bit of a threat. Animated talking whilst driving seems to be the norm. 

The guitar concert was held in a well-heated church. Each guitar performance was acknowledged with pride and empathy towards the students nervousness. The two guitar teachers hung on every note that the student played. You could see the love that they felt for their craft and their teaching position. If you look closely in the photo below, the guitar teacher is seated against the wall, eagerly urging the boys on.




The grand finale was all the guitars playing in a stupendous ensemble. The orchestration was masterful and I was so glad that I had been invited!





No comments:

Post a Comment