Wednesday 20 November 2013

Day 2






Day 2: Car museum

Before I departed NZ, I announced to anyone who cared to listen that I was not interested in visiting museums. So far, i had managed to stay away from them, amongst my wordily travels. But now, I was forced to comply.

A visit to the car museum had been scheduled. We played cards, whilst we waited for the doors to open.

To my shock and amazement, i LOVED this car museum in Turin. 

I snapped these bright and breezy Vespas.








This old jalopy got my heart racing. It was sooooo cute!




This Bonny and Clyde beauty was superbly presented.


 

… and this little crazy Love Bug was divine.

We ate a picnic lunch inside a beautiful shopping complex. Our plans of an outdoor picnic had been sabotaged by the weather.

We then visited a movie museum. Again, I was gobsmacked with awe. The museum used to be a jewish synagogue, but was translated into a most incredible movie museum. There was a glass lift that lifted up into the centre of this immense building. Quite a surreal experience as one rises slowly in the centre of the synagogue with no support structure for the lift.

The next photo is at the top, looking down into the lift shaft.



The viewing platform allowed a 360 degree view. 




I held onto the rail grimly as the height was somewhat  …..   well ………   high.The smile has been painted on after the shot was taken …. (he he he )


The array of buildings below showed the layout of the incredible city.

Dinner later that evening was with L and 6 others. L had prepared an amazing selection of beautiful dishes for us all. The conversation was thrown around the table in three languages. The noise was cheerful and lively. Fuelled with drinks and full bellies we relaxed and we all became good buddies. 

I brought out the faithful tea towel with a map of New Zealand on it. Much discussion was had about New Zealand. We all rolled with laughter as a very used and faded tea towel was brought out that paled in comparison to the NZ tea towel.

The New Zealand flag was also examined and there was much discussion about its colours and significance.



By the time I hit the beautiful cotton, italian pillow late that night, I was overflowing with joy and exhaustion.

No comments:

Post a Comment