Friday 22 November 2013

Italian flavour



I am so keen to show you these photos I took of a most picturesque town.






The streets were characteristically narrow.





I spied a stunning wooden door. Its ancient carved adornments, rich mahogany texture and gnarled swirls entranced me. I ran my hands over the door, caressing the wood in an almost sensual gesture. I realised P was looking at me curiously. He blurted out," Viki, why do you always place your hands on everything?" I realised then, that I was under scrutiny. Yes, I had been placing my hands on the coffins of the kings, the ancient rock formations, the praying stone of the tower at the abbey, the wooden prayer stand, the stones of the abbey wall, throughout the ancient fort that we had visited the day before, and so it goes on.

It was difficult to explain that not only did I want to connect with the vibrations of the past, but also, I wanted to insert my own light vibration.


Love at first sight. What a cute little Bambina!



The walls of this house had been rendered with white and ancient walls underneath were kept exposed.





With tummies rumbling we chose a cool restaurant. It had a Ladybird theme. The Christmas window display was sensational.




I felt on top of the world as we dined with class and refinement. Pizza of course. I chose one that used ingredients from the local area. The rich, red wine and delightful company made a very pleasant dining experience. 

It was pointed out to me that as I had eaten the interior of the pizza, I had created a face. 

We had a good laugh over that one. So did the pizza! A. then tapped away on his i phone and showed everyone the works of a famous italian artist who creates masterpieces by painting people using food. That was so reassuring as I had despaired that maybe I had lowered the tone of the restaurant through being a bit infantile.




Cute!


Here's proof of the pudding.




No comments:

Post a Comment